If you are here then you must be familiar with the gaming platform Steam. Although there are numerous Free Steam Games available, the thirst to explore the never-ending gaming world can never be quenched. With plenty of game choices, you are bound to make the wrong decision. In other words, you might end up paying for a game that isn’t compatible with your device or simply isn’t as enjoyable as you thought. This could be a deal-breaker for a lot of gamers but not anymore. With Steam Easy Refund Process, try as many games as you like and get your money back if you don’t find it fun. Sounds Exciting? Follow through this quick and easy guide to know how to initiate a refund in 5 easy steps.
Basic Steam Requirements to get a Game Refund
Once you have decided to get a refund on any game from Steam, there are basic requirements that you need to fulfill in order to be eligible for the refund.
- The Game you wish to get a refund for should not be downloaded for more than 14 days. This means you need to apply for a refund within 14 days of purchasing the game.
- The Game must be played for less than 2 hours.
It should be noted that you will not get any refund on a game if it has been purchased from third parties and transferred or modified in any sense. You can get a refund if you fulfill the above-mentioned requirements but make sure, you don’t keep repeatedly asking for a refund as you can be marked abuse and you won’t be able to receive any refunds in the future.
How to Refund a Game on Steam?
Once you are eligible to apply for a refund, you can go through these easy steps.
Log in and Request for Refund
- Go to the official Steam site and log in with your account.
- Once you have logged in, click on the Help from Menu and select Support.
Choose the Type of Help You Require
- You will see the Steam Support Window open up, if the game to refund is there on the top, click on that game.
- If it’s not there, click on the Purchases option and move to the next step.
Select Game to get Refund For
- Under the Purchases section, you would see your past purchases.
- Click on the game that you want to refund.
- If you do not find the game that you wish to refund under the purchases tab, that means the game isn’t eligible for a refund.
State the Problems with your Purchase
- Once, you have selected the game, you would be asked about the issues regarding the game, click on ‘I would like a refund”.
- You will be directed to the next screen where you’ll be asked whether to fix the problem or get a refund, click on ‘I’d like to request a refund.
- Select the type of refund, whether you wish to refund the amount in your Steam Wallet or to your bank account.
Finalize your Refund Process
- You will be directed to the final page where you can make edits regarding the whole procedure.
- Once you have filled in all the details, select the reason for your refund and click on ‘Submit My Request’
- You will see a confirmation receipt stating your reference number and the game you have requested a refund for.
- Once the process is completed, you will receive a confirmation email and your refund would be initiated soon.
Steam provides unlimited gaming choices, you can choose from Free Steam Games to paid ones. If the game you have purchased isn’t as fun as you expected or you are facing any issues, you can request a refund following the easy steps mentioned above.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much do I have to wait for Refund after the confirmation mail?
Steam usually initiates refunds within a couple of hours. International payments can take up to 7 days for a refund.
- Can I request a refund post 14 days of purchasing the game?
No, you need to request for a refund within 14 days of purchasing the game.
- How many times can I apply for a refund? There isn’t any limit on applying for a refund, however, if you try to abuse the platform policy, you can be prohibited from requesting a refund in the future.