How to Purchase Games and Add Funds to Steam Wallet?
Steam is an online community where people can download free as well as paid games, review, and talk about various other games. Gamers are aware of whether the gaming experience and accessories come at a price and hence the idea of online gaming communities arises. One such community is steam.
Steam offers free steam games as well as some popular games on premium membership such as The Sims, Grand Theft Auto V, Star Wars, etc.
When buying games online, the first and foremost thing that comes to our mind is the best deals and discounts. You want to make sure that the games are worth buying.
You can visit various GPT sites to get free steam codes and redeem them on the platform itself. The Steam wallet is another way that can enhance your gaming experience only if you know how to add funds and purchase games via steam wallet.
What is a Steam Wallet?
Before we know how to add funds let’s first talk about the Steam wallet, the difference between Steam and Steam wallet.
- Steam is an online platform where gamers all over the world connect. It is a hub for pc gaming, game download, and distribution. In other words, think of it as an AppStore but for gaming exclusively.
- While there are free Steam games, there are some games that can only be played at a price. You can either purchase them from Steam itself or through free Steam codes and that’s where Steam wallet becomes useful.
- If you are into gaming and you love spending on game purchases, the Steam wallet can be of great use to you.
- You can add funds to your Steam wallet and make easy game purchases. By adding funds to your Steam wallet you don’t have to fill in your card details again, you can directly make purchases via the wallet. It is like your digital gaming bank.
What are Steam wallet codes?
- Steam wallet codes are like gift cards that can be purchased online or offline stores.
- These codes can be converted automatically and be useful as funds o buy games or other game accessories.
- The Steam wallet codes make up a great gift for your friends and relatives if they love to play games.
How to buy a game with your Steam wallet?
- Open the Steam app and click on the store tab.
- You will see a search bar, type the game you want to buy, and click on that.
- Once the game opens, you will see an option to buy the game.
- You will ask whether you want to buy the game for yourself or purchase it as a gift.
- Now choose the payment option as your Steam wallet. Fill in the necessary details and click on continue. You will be asked to crosscheck the information, check it, and agree to read the terms before clicking on purchase.
How to add funds to your Steam wallets?
Go to your Steam account and from the drop-down menu, click on ‘view my wallet’.
- You will see an option to add funds, click on that option, and enter the amount you wish to add.
- You will be asked to enter your payment details and click on continue at the bottom of the page. Confirm all the details and press the purchase option.
- You will be redirected to the purchase receipt, you can now check funds in the steam wallet.
What currencies can be used on Steam?
Various currencies that are accepted on Steam such as USD(United States Dollar), RUB(Russian Rubel), SAR(Southee Riyal), TWD(Taiwan Dollar), CAD(Canadian Dollar), etc.
Can Steam Wallet funds can be converted into cash?
No, Steam does not allow you to convert funds into cash.
What can the Steam wallet be used for?
With Steam Wallet, you can either buy games for yourself or purchase games as a gift for your friends and relatives.